Sunday, January 29, 2017

Price Increases

Many of my frequent customers will surely notice the prices on my terrain have gone up significantly. This is, unfortunately, something that should have been done either more incrementally or a long time ago.

I've come to this decision through mutual discussion with other crafters of terrain, as well as a study of material and time costs associated specifically with how long my pieces take to make. These price changes also reflect the fact that my skills and materials have grown; ie more airbrushing per piece, using 3d printed, MDF, and more Hirst Arts parts, more time put into each piece due to having rubble/rock cover on the entire piece as opposed to just using flock, etc etc.

I know this will lose me customers. I know this does make my terrain expensive. But this is also art, and each piece is one of a kind. It also means that I will no longer make below minimum wage per piece of terrain. Which also means I will feel better about continuing to learn and grow in this industry, instead of deciding to put it aside to try to pursue something that will better support my family.

Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment